Magic Australia, the Australian children’s classic by Nuri Mass is finally available once more, especially edited by the author’s children.When nine-year-old Del meets golden-brown Bushbo wonderful things begin to happen. Adventuring through the length and breadth of our continent–in forest, desert, underground, undersea and upper air–Del and Bushbo are everywhere greeted by some quaint, lovable, or fearsome personality of Australian geography.
- Willie-willie the town-lifting hurricane.
- Broome, sitting on the edge of the map, bedecked in poinciana and pearls.
- Spinifex, wiry-haired friend of animals and man.
- Macdonnell Ranges, the green giant of fabulous wealth.
- Desert Pea.
- Water the artesian Basin, imprisoned below earth level by tyrannical Desert and the sand imps.
- Finke the dragon-faced, most ancient of all rivers.
- Ghosts of the inland sea and Lake Eyre.
- Nullarbor the under-ground mystery.
- Opal, elusive, bewitching.
- Coral, vivid spirit of the Great Barrier Reef.
- The tree Elders.
- Daly the impetuous torrent, and many others.
By the same author and artist as Australian Wild Flower Fairies and The Little Grammar People, Magic Australia is more than a story of marvel and adventure with sound educational value. It is the voice of a great country uttering a great message that has become an Australian children’s classic.