After completing her history of England, Our Island Story, H.E. Marshall received a letter from a young lady in the United States asking her to write the history of her country. This Country of Ours is the result. It tells the story of the United States from the discovery by the Vikings and Columbus right through to the presidency of Woodrow Wilson, conveniently broken into the following sections-
- Stories of Explorers and Pioneers
- Stories of Virginia Stories of New England
- Stories of the Middle and Southern Colonies
- Stories of the French in America
- Stories of the Struggle for Liberty
- Stories of the United States Under the Constitution
This edition is complete and unabridged and includes all the original images.